WHY BUY PERVIOUSLY OWNED??
There are so many reasons to purchase "used" or previously owned clothing- even if it is still "New with Tags"- Check out our top reasons to recycle, reuse and reduce our wardrobes!
- REDUCING CHILDREN'S EXPOSURE TO CHEMICALS IN CLOTHING
Cotton (found in most clothing) is the MOST PESTICIDE
dependent crop in the world.
- REDUCING EVERYONE'S EXPOSURE TO PESTICIDES (WATER, FOOD, APPAREL)
It takes 1/3 of a Pound of pesticide
to make JUST 1 SHIRT!
- CONSERVING OUR RESOURCES; WATER
It can take up to 700 gallons of water to make a single T-Shirt.
It can also take 1800 gallons of water to make a pair of jeans.
- SAVING MONEY!
Not only is it putting money back into your wallet to sell & donate used clothing it also
saves thousands of dollars each year per family in retail spending. $127 Million worth of
clothing ends up in landfills each year after only being worn one time.
- CONSERVING OUR WORLD FOR OUR CHILDREN + GRANDCHILDREN
26 billion pounds of clothes are added to our landfills each year,
95% of these textiles are able to be reused or recycled.
- We purchase from moms that don't plan to donate, keeping the clothes out of the
landfill and also putting money back into the family.
- We seek organic + sustainable brands to reuse & resell
- We use organic detergent and a high efficiency washer & dryer to conserve water and energy.
- We hire college students to work along side our staff to enrich their
working experience and gain course hours necessary for graduation.
- We support other stay at home moms with our partnerships