Don't you just miss Grandma's cooking? Those delicious HUGE breakfast that she just whipped up in about 10 minutes? Homemade biscuits, bacon, eggs, pancakes, jam......YUMMM! Well If you are health conscience or on an allergy friendly diet, then look no further. Here is my BEST recipe for FLUFFY, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and HEALTHY PANCAKES!
Just Like Grandma's Buttermilk Pancakes
Gluten Free, Dairy Free + Can be made Sugar Free.
- 2 Cups GF Flour ( King Arthur GF 1:1 Blend works great, I have also used Bob's Redmill but prefer K.A.)
- 2 tsp ( well rounded) baking powder (Aluminum Free)
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp salt ( I use pink Himalayan)
- 2 farm fresh organic eggs
- 2 Tbsp Organic Cane Sugar* Can be left out for SF
- 2 Cups "Buttermilk" - (ACV, Lemon Juice, Almond Milk) DF; instructions below
-1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract (optional)
* Make Buttermilk- I make this fresh each time I need it. In a measuring glass add almost 1/2 C of Lemon Juice (Organic Santa cruz, fresh pressed, or Lakewood Organic), then add in about 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar ( I use Braggs Organic with the mother). Both these should equal 1/2 Cup. Then add Almond Milk to Fill the measuring glass to 2 Cups ( I use Unsweetened Original Nature Place Almond Milk). Let it sit for about 10 mins while you prep the batter.
* I grease a large pan with Organic Olive Oil and sit in the oven on 400 for about 10 mins. Then I remove and turn on my burner.
* In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together with a whisk. Then add in eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Mix but don't over mix. Let the batter rest for 10 Minutes.
I transfer my batter into a squeeze bottle with a wider than standard opening. ( I just cut the tip of the bottle top myself).
Cook just like traditional pancakes. Over medium heat, flip when the bubbles start to form in the batter and when you remove then I suggest having small dollops of DF butter ( I love Mykinos Vegan European Cultured Butter- Walmart, Kroger, Ingles, Whole Foods, all sell this brand now) ready on a plate to sit your pancake on top of, then I put a small amount of butter on top of each pancake. This makes it extra yummy! Serve with Organic Honey or 100%Maple Syrup. My kids beg for these!